Buy tickets to anywhere in Great Britain
Finding the best service for you
Last updated - 06/01/2021
|Grand Central - Reservation Only Services|
All Grand Central services are reservation-only, meaning you must have a reservation for the service you wish to travel on.
You can reserve your seats when you buy your ticket or by calling us on 0345 603 4852 (Option 5).
If you do not have a seat reservation, you will not be able to board the train.
Plan ahead for travel in 2021
Grand Central services will not operate from January 9 - February 28 2021 - click here for more information.
Socially distanced seating
To support social distancing and to ensure a safe number of customers can travel on each of our trains, we have implemented reservation-only travel across all Grand Central services. This means that you must have a seat reservation in order to board one of our trains.
To make sure you enjoy a comfortable journey, we recommend travelling on quieter services - the graphics below show the latest booking information for each of our services over the next two weeks.
- Green services have plenty of space available.
- Yellow services are a little busier.
- Orange services don't have many seats left.
- Red services are sold out
We keep lots of seats free to accommodate social distancing.
- Trains to/from Bradford, Low Moor, Halifax, Brighouse, Mirfield, Pontefract Monkhill, Wakefield Kirkgate and Doncaster
- Trains to/from Sunderland, Hartlepool, Eaglescliffe, Northallerton, Thirsk and York