The latest Information around strikes
Grand Central plan to run a full timetable on all upcoming strike dates.
Industrial action has been announced for various rail operators between Friday December 2nd and Friday December 8th. These strikes will not affect Grand Central services. Services are likely to be busy so please book now to avoid disappointment. Tickets for travel can be purchased here or via the Grand Central travel app.
We are operating our normal timetable. Please check our Timetable and Engineering Updates page for up-to-date service alterations.
- If your journey is affected
- If your journey is affected by strike action, your ticket will be valid to travel on any Grand Central service on the day your ticket is valid.
- If your journey involves travel with another operator, then please ensure you check their service before you travel.
- If the portion of your journey with another operator has been cancelled or rescheduled due to strike action, you will be eligible for a change or refund from your original retailer.
- We strongly recommend you have a seat reservation for any Grand Central services otherwise you may have to stand for the duration of your journey. For service disruption information during strike periods please visit the National Rail Enquiries website here. You can also use the check your journey tool on that page which will alert you of any known disruption on your route.
- How to request a ticket amendment or refund
- If you decide not to travel, please contact your point of purchase to request a journey amendment or refund more details can be found here
- If your ticket was purchased through the Grand Central website or app, contact our Refunds team via email at [email protected], attach your booking reference number (beginning B-GRANDCNTRL or MOTO) and a scanned copy of your tickets.