The latest Information around strikes
Strike action has been announced on Friday 2nd June and Saturday 3rd June 2023
- Friday 2nd June 2023
- Strike action on the 2nd of June and planned engineering will affect some services, please visit our upcoming timetable changes page for more information on planned engineering.
- Due to strike action, the below updates have been made to our timetable for the 2nd of June:
- The 06:46 Sunderland to London Kings Cross service will depart at a later time from Sunderland at 07:05, Hartlepool at 07:29, Eaglescliffe at 07:53, Northallerton at 08:11, Thirsk 08:21, York at 08:38 and arrive at London Kings Cross at 10:23.
- The 16:48 London Kings Cross to Sunderland service will not terminate at Sunderland due to the temporary closure of Sunderland station, it will terminate at St Peters Metro at 20:22.
- The 19:27 London Kings Cross to Sunderland service will not terminate at Sunderland due to the temporary closure of Sunderland station, it will terminate at St Peters Metro at 22:52.
- Please make sure that you check your journey before you travel.
- Saturday 3rd June 2023
- Strike action will not affect our services on the 3rd of June, however, we plan to run an amended timetable due to planned engineering, please visit our upcoming timetable changes page for more information.
- If your journey is affected
- If your journey is affected by strike action, your ticket will be valid to travel on any Grand Central service on the day your ticket is valid. You may also travel on the day before or after the date printed on your ticket.
- If your journey involves travel with another operator, then please ensure you check their service before you travel.
- If the portion of your journey with another operator has been cancelled or rescheduled due to strike action, you will be eligible for a change or refund from your original retailer.
- How to request a ticket amendment or refund
- If you decide not to travel, please contact your point of purchase to request a journey amendment or refund more details can be found here
- If your ticket was purchased through the Grand Central website or app, contact our Refunds team via email at [email protected], attach your booking reference number (beginning B-GRANDCNTRL or MOTO) and a scanned copy of your tickets.
We strongly recommend you have a seat reservation for any Grand Central services otherwise you may have to stand for the duration of your journey. For service disruption information during strike periods please visit the National Rail Enquiries website here. You can also use the check your journey tool on that page which will alert you of any known disruption on your route.