Journey Central is Grand Central's on-board information platform:
- At-seat food ordering and paying
- Live journey and train information
- Station information, local amenities and travel information
- Transport connections
- vehicle hire
- All the same great content you've come to enjoy
- Absolutely no apps, downloaded software or complicated passwords
At-seat ordering, for every seat
You don't need an app, or even cash to start enjoying delicious local produce on Grand Central trains. Just scan the QR code on the back of the seat in front of you (or on the table) using your phone's camera to be taken straight to our digital menu. All you need to do is enter your seat number, choose from our menu and pay using our secure checkout, and we'll do the rest, hand-delivering your order to you without you even needing to leave your seat.
First Class customers can additionally use the at-seat ordering to request complimentary refreshments including tea, coffee, biscuits and light snacks.
Live journey information
Never wonder about the towns whizzing past outside your window again - with live journey information from Journey Central, you'll be able to pinpoint your location on our handy map, with helpful information including expected arrival times at your destination, and even Tube status for journeys heading to London, personalised to the train you're travelling on.
- How do I access Journey Central?
- Simply scan the QR codes available on each train, these have instructions and a web link you can also access.
- Are my payment details processed securely?
- Yes, your payment details are securely processed and are only used for the purposes of the transaction. We do not save or process any data beyond this.
- How do I scan a QR code?
- Your phone's camera app may have the ability to scan QR codes natively, point it at the code and see.
- For iPhones and iPads just point the camera at the code and it should register automatically
- Android users may have to use an app like Google Lens - hold down your Home button and press the button to the left of the four coloured dots
- Do I need to download anything?
- All you need is a web browser to access Journey Central, which your smartphone or computer should have
- When you order your drinks it may say 'Click and Collect' this is because our service is busy and our staff are unable to deliver to your seats. Please head to the buffet car to collect your order.