Buy tickets to anywhere in Great Britain
Careers at Grand Central
Be moved to join our team!
Our brand and culture is all about moving people, and a belief in better runs through everything we do. We're part of Arriva, which has a diverse portfolio of train and bus operating companies in the UK and Europe. As a group, we're passionate about creating better journeys for our customers and changing perceptions, which in turn fuels our business growth. We call this our ‘Belief in Better’.
Grand Central is Britain’s top-rated train company for customer satisfaction and value for money. We are a fully commercial business with strong links to our local communities and fortunate to be part of the economic and cultural life of our regions. We believe that train travel can be enjoyable, reliable and easy to use.
Making it memorable
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a truly customer centric and distinctive train company. With fantastic employee benefits including free rail travel, a great team spirit and shared passion for customers, we're always happy to hear from people who share our passion and 'Belief in Better'.
Our fantastic team are the reason we've been rated Britain’s top-rated train company for customer satisfaction and value for money. As part of our benefits package, all of our staff can access the following from day one:
- Friendly welcoming culture in a small business where you can make a big difference.
- Contributory Pension Scheme: Arriva Workplace Pension Plan (AWPP) provided by Standard Life.
- Unlimited Free Travel for you and your immediate family on all Grand Central services. In addition we currently offer concessionary travel on other Arriva Trains UK franchises..
- Employee Assistance Programme provided by Health Assured: free, confidential 24 hour telephone counselling and information services.
Upon successful completion of your probation period (3-6 months), we also provide you with:
- Access to 75% discount on train travel UK-wide in addition to the free Arriva travel arrangement.
- Access to free and discounted European train travel.
- Friends & Family Passes pro-rata allocation of return standard class journeys (terms & conditions apply).
- Company Medical Insurance provided by AXA PPP Healthcare (taxable benefit).
- Company Wellness Package (including dental/optical treatment) provided by WPA (taxable benefit).
- Child Care Vouchers Scheme.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Arriva Village employee rewards and benefits scheme.