Great value Advance fares
Grand Central Advance tickets are the best value tickets we have available, often available up to six months in advance these tickets are available for all our services across the North East and West Riding.
- The lowest prices - up to 80% savings
- Limited numbers, so book in advance to secure the best fares
To take advantage of these tickets, you'll need to book before you travel. They are sold in limited numbers and subject to availability - make sure you check out our ticket availability page so you always know when the cheapest tickets are being released.
- Buy tickets today using the search panel or call 0345 603 4852 (option 3, then 1)
Advance fare tickets are single (one-way) tickets for selected journeys available in First Class and Standard class, offering the best available price for each journey.
- Standard Class: Child discounts, 16-25, 26-30, Family & Friends, Senior, HM Forces and Disabled Persons Railcards discounts apply.
- First Class: Child discounts, 16-25, 26-30, Senior, HM Forces and Disabled Persons Railcards discounts apply.
- When and where the ticket can be used
- Tickets are valid ONLY on the date and train service(s) shown on the ticket(s).
- Where applicable, you must travel in the Class and reserved seat(s) shown on the ticket(s).
- Tickets may only be used on the services of the Train Company (or geographic route where applicable) shown next to ‘Route’ on the ticket.
- If the ‘Route’ also states ‘and Connections’, travel is allowed on appropriate connecting trains where shown on the ticket(s) or other valid travel itinerary.
- If the route is prefixed with a +, the ticket includes the cost of travelling across London on London Underground, London Overground, Docklands Light Railway, TfL Rail or Thameslink services as appropriate to the journey.
- Conditions of use
- You must be at the departure station shown on your ticket in good time to catch the train. If you miss the first train on which you are booked for any reason, a new ticket must be purchased.
- If delays occur while travelling, please check with the Train Operating Company you are using for which alternatives you will be allowed to take to complete your journey.
- Railcard holders travelling on a discounted ticket must carry their Railcard when they travel. If a Railcard holder fails to produce a valid Railcard with their ticket, a new ticket must be purchased as if no Railcard and/or no ticket were held.
- Grand Central ticket holders are not able to use the First Class Lounges at London Kings Cross or Doncaster.
- Break of journey
- You may not start, break and resume, or end your journey at any intermediate station except to change to/from connecting trains as shown on the ticket(s) or other valid travel itinerary.
- Changes to time and date of travel
- Changes to time or date of travel must be arranged before departure of the first reserved train printed on the ticket, after which the ticket has no value and a new one must be purchased. You will need to present the ticket(s) and reservation(s) when you request a change. The difference between the price paid and cost of the next suitable fare for your journey is payable, plus an administration fee of £10 per person, per single ticket for each change to a journey. If you change to a train on which a cheaper fare is available, the difference will not be refunded. This is in line with the ticket's Terms and Conditions.
- Changes to tickets cannot be made on-board the train. If you board a train without a ticket and reservation for that service, a new ticket must be purchased. Depending on the Train Company you are travelling with, you may be liable to a Penalty Fare if you board the train with an invalid ticket.
- The origin, destination and Train Company or route shown on the ticket(s) must remain the same.
- The difference between the price paid and cost of the next suitable fare for your journey is payable. If you change to a train on which a cheaper fare is available, the difference will not be refunded.
- You cannot refund an Advance ticket
- If the train you purchased a ticket for is cancelled or delayed by more than 60 minutes, special arrangements will be made to accommodate you on another train (although a seat cannot be guaranteed). If, as a result, you decide not to travel, you can claim a refund from your point of purchase on completely unused tickets and you will not be charged an administration fee.