Latest travel information from Grand Central
A safe and sustainable return
We're now up and running again with a full timetable. You can book tickets as normal through the Grand Central website and app, but you'll need a reservation!
We can’t wait to welcome you back on board and we’re confident that we have an approach that will work for everyone including our staff (find out more about what we're doing on board here). We promise to offer customers:
- Competitively priced changeable tickets with seat reservations, and information to indicate how busy each train is.
- The flexibility to change your date of travel if your plans change, without any additional cost.
- Additional COVID-19 safety measures including extra on-board cleaning and sanitisation, and protective equipment for our staff.
- No booking fees when you book direct on our website and app.
Plus, when you book direct on our website and provide your contact details, we’ll be able to let you know the latest information you need for your journey, so you’ll always be informed.
Please be aware that reservations are required on all Grand Central services. Additionally, we will not initially be offering light refreshments in First Class, or catering via our buffet facility - passengers are welcome to bring their own food and drink to consume on board.
|Finding the best service for you|
You will need to reserve a seat when travelling with Grand Central. To find out which of our services are the quietest to travel on, please see our dedicated travel updates page here.
Peak-time restrictions lifted on Fridays
Throughout 2020 we’re lowering the cost of Friday peak travel to match our off-peak rates. You'll be able to take advantage of lower costs and quieter trains, for a more comfortable and better value journey.
Ticket acceptance with other operators
Please be aware that from September 7 2020 customers with Grand Central tickets will no longer be able to automatically travel on other operators (eg. LNER, East Midlands Railway) or vice versa in the event of disruption, unless otherwise stated.
Return to full service
As of September 20, we're running all of our trains as normal.
Ticket changes & refunds
- Ticket refunds
Off-peak and Anytime tickets
- If you booked an Off-peak or Anytime ticket online, you can refund this through My Account.
- If you are not able to do this, please contact our Booking Support Team by emailing [email protected]. Please ensure that you include:
- A photo of your cut up ticket(s) to show that you will not use them
- Your original booking reference number (your reference will start B-GRANDCNTRL or if you purchased this over the phone, these references will begin MOTO)
- Your full name and address
Alternatively, you can contact our Booking Support Team on 0345 603 4852 (option 4). Lines are open 7am to 10pm, 7 days a week.
Customers who purchased their tickets from any other retailer should contact that retailer to request a refund.
Grand Central Advance tickets cannot normally be refunded, but can be changed without a fee. We have waived the ordinary £10 fee until the end of 2020.
Carnet tickets that are completely unused (all ten tickets remaining) can now be refunded. Where some tickets have been used, the validity of remaining tickets can be extended to 31/03/2021.
For any other query
For comments, complaints, and any other issues, please contact us only using the form below.
You can find more information on Coronavirus/COVID-19 and methods to prevent the virus spreading, together with answers to many questions you may have, using the following links: