Buy tickets to anywhere in Great Britain
With our e-tickets, you can now buy, display and use tickets on your mobile device - there's no need to print them out, have them delivered or queue at the train station any more.
E-tickets are available for all Grand Central fares.
How to use Grand Central e-tickets
- When buying your tickets, choose "e-ticket" as your delivery option.
- Your tickets will be stored in the free Grand Central app, available for Android and iOS.
- These will be stored securely on your device when required
- You can activate your tickets after 11pm the day before you travel
When you're logged in, you'll see your journeys in the Bookings section of the Grand Central app. To view an e-ticket, click on the part of the journey which says "Ticket" - note that the part marked "Booking information" does not contain the e-ticket.
|After selecting an e-ticket you will be given the option to download it||Once downloaded, a ticket can either be Enabled, tying it to a device, or Released, allowing a different device to download it. You can enable your e-ticket after 11pm on the day before travel.||You can enable the ticket on day of travel. Once it has been enabled, this will be shown and the option to view the ticket is available as "Ticket 1"||If you access the app on a different device, you will not be able to view the ticket||E-tickets look like this|
Please note that previous versions of Grand Central e-tickets were provided as PDFs which could be printed or shown on your phone. If you wish to have a ticket you can print, please select "Print at Home". These tickets cannot be displayed on your phone.
The Grand Central app requires iOS version 9.0+ or Android version 6.0+ - if you do not own a compatible device, please select "Print at home".
Things to remember
- You will need to register a Grand Central account and download the app in order to use e-tickets.
- If using the Grand Central app, ensure that your device has enough charge for the duration of your journey - Grand Central trains offer charging points at seats but cannot guarantee availability.
- Once activated, tickets are bound to the device they were activated on.
- Once a ticket has been downloaded, you don't need an Internet connection to use it.
- If you opt for Print at Home tickets you will need to enter the names of passengers on each ticket. You will also require a PDF reader in order to open and print the tickets on your computer, such as the free Adobe Reader. Most web browsers will also display PDF files.
- If you need to change or amend your booking, you will need to contact our bookings support team on 0371 244 0216.