Buy tickets to anywhere in Great Britain
With our e-tickets, you can now buy, display and use tickets on your mobile device - there's no need to print them out, have them delivered or queue at the train station any more.
E-tickets are available for all Grand Central fares.
How to use Grand Central e-tickets
- When buying your tickets, choose "e-ticket" as your delivery option.
- Your tickets will be stored in the free Grand Central app, available for Android and iOS.
- These will be stored securely on your device when required
When you're logged in, you'll see your journeys in the Bookings section of the Grand Central app. To view an e-ticket, click on the part of the journey which says "Ticket" - note that the part marked "Booking information" does not contain the e-ticket.
|After selecting an e-ticket you will be given the option to download it||Once downloaded, a ticket can either be Enabled, tying it to a device, or Released, allowing a different device to download it||You can enable the ticket on day of travel. Once it has been enabled, this will be shown and the option to view the ticket is available as "Ticket 1"||If you access the app on a different device, you will not be able to view the ticket||E-tickets look like this|
Please note that previous versions of Grand Central e-tickets were provided as PDFs which could be printed or shown on your phone. If you wish to have a ticket you can print, please select "Print at Home". These tickets cannot be displayed on your phone.
The Grand Central app requires iOS version 9.0+ or Android version 6.0+ - if you do not own a compatible device, please select "Print at home".
Things to remember
- You will need to register a Grand Central account and download the app in order to use e-tickets.
- If using the Grand Central app, ensure that your device has enough charge for the duration of your journey - Grand Central trains offer charging points at seats but cannot guarantee availability.
- Once activated, tickets are bound to the device they were activated on.
- Once a ticket has been downloaded, you don't need an Internet connection to use it.
- If you opt for Print at Home tickets you will need to enter the names of passengers on each ticket. You will also require a PDF reader in order to open and print the tickets on your computer, such as the free Adobe Reader. Most web browsers will also display PDF files.
- If you need to change or amend your booking, you will need to contact our bookings support team on 0371 244 0216.