Grand Central service continues along the right lines
Grand Central scores 94% satisfaction in latest National Rail Passenfer Survey.
Figures released by Passenger Focus show that 94% of Grand Central passengers were satisfied, or very satisfied with services in the spring 2014 National Rail Passenger Survey.
Grand Central's passengers are particularly satisfied with the value for money tickets, helpfulness and attitude of staff and the extra legroom available as standard on its services.
Richard McClean, Managing Director at Grand Central, said;
“We are pleased that our passengers are satisfied with Grand Central’s services and are particularly thrilled that customers have rated us as the best for value for money and for our handling of delays.
“Following previous feedback, we have made significant improvements to how we handle delays, including introducing a new Twitter feed and making a new social media team available 06.00 - 22.00 to ensure that whenever our passengers need us, we're there to advise them. We are delighted that passengers have recognised that we're handling delays better and we're commited to improving this further.
“We always aim to improve the Grand Central experience for passengers and we know there are specific areas where we can do better. In May 2014, we expanded our Station Ambassador programme to Brighouse Station in West Yorkshire. Our volunteer Station Ambassadors work hard to deliver excellent customer service on Sundays when Eaglescliffe, Hartlepool and Brighouse Stations are unstaffed, providing help and advice to travellers travelling to and from London.
“We look forward to further investment in stations and our fleet of trains to enhance our service and to continue to operate at the heart of the communities we serve."
Grand Central is an open-access passenger train operator. It is part of the Arriva group which provides transport services including buses, trains, commuter coaches and waterbuses.
Notes to editors
- Grand Central Railway Company Limited operates West Riding services between Bradford Interchange, Halifax, Brighouse, Mirfield, Pontefract Monkhill, Wakefield Kirkgate, Doncaster and London King’s Cross.
- Grand Central Railway Company Limited also operates North East services between Sunderland, Hartlepool, Eaglescliffe, Northallerton, Thirsk, York and London Kings Cross.
- For further information on Grand Central and, to buy tickets with no booking fee, visit grandcentralrail.com
- Grand Central's Station Ambassadors are unpaid volunteers who work at unmanned stations on Sundays. Station Ambassadors at Hartlepool, Eaglescliffe and Brighouse provide a cheerful welcome to the station and offer help and guidance on Grand Central services. This volunteer service will be extended to Mirfield on the West Yorkshire route during 2014.
- The full results can be found at passengerfocus.org.uk/train/nps/question/service-overall/
- More information about Grand Central Railway can be found at grandcentralrail.com.