Change any ticket, without a fee - This scheme has now finished
Book with confidence, change at leisure - applies to purchases before 30th November 2022
The book with confidence scheme finished on 30th November 2022 - tickets purchased after this date are not covered by the scheme and you may incur a fee for altering your ticket.
In the current environment, we know how quickly things can change for you and your plans, and what seems set in stone one day might be up in the air the next. That's why we're waiving our change fees for all tickets booked with Grand Central, including our lower-priced Advance tickets. Our Book with Confidence promise applies to all tickets purchased for travel up to 30th November 2022. Tickets purchased from 1st December 2022 onwards, are not covered and may incur a fee if you need to make an amendment.
- Book up to 6 months before you travel and save up to 80% on train travel versus buying on the day.
Our cheapest tickets are released six months before travel, letting you both plan in advance and get great value train travel.
- Amend your journey date/time - switch your tickets to another train, including Advance purchase tickets.
You only pay the difference in ticket price*.
- Cancel any Off-Peak or Anytime Grand Central ticket, for any reason, any time, up to 24 hours before you depart
Booking direct through Grand Central keeps you up-to-date with anything which might impact your journey.
Planning to travel with a different operator? Rest assured that you can book with confidence as all tickets can now be changed without incurring a fee to do so (applies to tickets purchased for travel between 21 June 2021 and 30 November 2022).
*Subject to availability of reserved seating, journey must be with the same operator as original booking and to and from the same stations. If chosen journey is more expensive, the difference will need to be paid. If chosen journey is cheaper, the difference in price will be refunded.
Absolutely zero booking fees
We don't charge any credit card or booking fees on any tickets bought through grandcentralrail.com, so you can be sure you're paying the best price for your journey
Get the cheapest tickets by booking early
Our Advance fares have limited availability, but they're also our cheapest, and when they're gone, they're gone. Normally these aren't changeable, but for the time being, we've made it so they are!
- Lowest prices
- Guaranteed seat reservation for a specific service
- Zero penalty for moving your journey
How to refund or change your tickets
Please note that Grand Central can only refund tickets sold through grandcentralrail.com or our app. If you have purchased your tickets through a website such as thetrainline.com, you will need to contact them for any refund queries. Refunds are only available on Anytime or Off Peak tickets.
- I have an Anytime or Off-Peak ticket
- I have an Advance ticket
- If you have an Advance ticket, you will need to contact our Bookings Support team on 0345 603 4852 (option 3, then option 1), who will be happy to help. If you purchased the ticket after 1st December 2022 you will be charged a £10.00 admin fee per ticket, per person for any changes to your journey. This is in line with National Rail's Terms and Conditions for Advance tickets
- Please note that Advance tickets bought for travel during periods of national lockdown may be refundable - see here for eligible dates.
- Changes can only be made up to 18:00 on the day before travel.
- If chosen journey is more expensive, the difference will need to be paid. If chosen journey is cheaper, the difference in price will be refunded.
Plan up to 6 months in advance and save up to 80% - sign up to our weekly ticket alerts
You can plan ahead up to six months in advance, knowing that if your plans change, you can change your ticket free of any fees. To be the first to know when tickets are released, simply sign up to receive our weekly alerts by providing your email address below.