Thirsk Engineering Works
Sunday 26 February to Sunday 14 May there will be significant track improvement carried by Network Rail in the Thirsk area, this will impact train lines North of York.
As result of the improvements some Grand Central services will be unable to call at Thirsk. Trains will be impacted Monday to Sunday and will vary by week see below for disruption details by week.
Saturdays across this period will see lines closed north of York from 20:00 on Saturdays until 10:00 Sunday morning. As a result Grand Central will operate a reduced service. Below details the impacted Saturday services. Please consider when planning your journey:
- Saturday 16:47 London Kings Cross to Sunderland will be the last Grand Central service of the day going all the way to Sunderland. Alcohol will not be permitted on this service from York.
- Saturday 19:11 London Kings Cross will terminate in York at 20:58.
- Grand Central on Saturdays will run an additional train from York to Sunderland. See each individual week for details. Alcohol will not be permitted on this service.
- Sunday 26 February – Sunday 5 March - Click for information
- Monday 6 – Sunday 12 March - Click for information
- Monday 13 – Sunday 19 March - Click for information
- Monday 20 – Sunday 26 March - Click for information
- Monday 27 March– Sunday 2 April - Click for information
- Monday 3 April– Sunday 9 April - TBC
- Monday 10 April– Sunday 16 April - TBC
- Monday 17 April– Sunday 23 April - TBC
- Monday 24 April– Sunday 30 April – TBC
- Monday 1 May– Sunday 7 May - TBC
- Monday 8 May – Sunday 14 May - TBC