Thirsk Engineering Works
Sunday 26 February to Sunday 14 May there will be significant track improvements carried out by Network Rail in the Thirsk area, this will impact train lines North of York.
As a result of the improvements some Grand Central services will be unable to call at Thirsk. Trains will be impacted Monday to Sunday and will vary by week please see below for disruption details by week. All changes are listed on the journey planner.
- Monday 3 April– Sunday 9 April - Click for information
- Monday 10 April– Sunday 16 April - Click for information
- Monday 17 April– Sunday 23 April - Click for information
- Monday 24 April– Sunday 30 April – Click for information
- Monday 1 May– Sunday 7 May - TBC
- Monday 8 May – Sunday 14 May - TBC
Fares to/ from Thirsk
During improvement works, some best-value Grand Central fares may not be visible. This is due to some Grand Central services not calling at Thirsk. Grand Central is still running its usual services to London Kings Cross. To ensure customers get the best value fares for their journeys, it is recommended customers check Grand Central fares from York to London. Buying two separate tickets, one from Thirsk to York and a separate ticket from York to London, may prove to be better value.
Grand Central will continue to provide flexible Off-Peak and Anytime fares from Thirsk, although these may be more expensive than purchasing two separate fares