The Grand Build
Master Builder Ticketing Terms and Conditions
- The promoter is: Grand Central Railway Company Limited, Northern House, 3rd Floor, Rougier Street, York, YO1 6HZ.
- The competition will run from 17:00 on Thursday 4th October 2018 (the "Opening date") to 15:00 on Monday 8th October 2018 (the "Closing date") inclusive. All competition entries must be received by the Promoter above by the Closing date. All competition entries received after the Closing date are automatically disqualified. To enter the competition entrants must "Like" and "share" the Facebook post.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the competition.
- Winners will be picked from Facebook.
- The winners will be notified by e-mail (using details provided at entry). If a winner does not respond to the Promoter by Sunday 14th October 2018 of being notified by the Promoter or rejects their prize, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
- Winners must respond and book their space by Sunday 14th October 2018 or a redraw will take place.
The competition prize consists of:
- Win the chance for your family/group to help Steve Mayes LEGO® architect recreate our newly refurbished GC Adelante train ENTIRELY out of LEGO® bricks at Eureka! The National Children’s Museum, Halifax.
- The event will be held Tuesday 30th October to Thursday 1st November 2018 at Eureka! The National Children’s Museum’s 1855 Conservatory, which overlooks Halifax Train station and is opposite the museum.
- Each day there will be two one hour sessions 10am-11pm and 2pm-3pm.
- All those that take part in the build will be known as Master Builders. Master Builders must be aged 5 to 13 and must be accompanied by a responsible adult aged 18 or over at all times. All adults and children must have a valid ticket to take part.
- Tickets are limited to a maximum of five per person – i.e. one adult and up to four children, or two adults and three children. Spaces are limited, so attendees may only book tickets for one of the one hour sessions. This is strictly an invite only event.
- All attendees will receive free entry to Eureka! The National Children’s Museum.
- All attendees will receive a complementary goodie bag.
- There is no cash alternative for the prize. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of similar value.
- The prize is not negotiable or transferable.
- The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- The Promoter does not accept any responsibility if you are not able to take up the prize.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
The Promoter will not accept:
- Responsibility for travel of Persons attending the event
- Responsibility for competition entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or
- Proof of posting or transmission as proof of receipt of entry to the competition.
- Persons attending the event are responsible for their own valuables. Grand Central will not be liable for any loss or damage to personal property brought to the venue(s).
- By submitting a competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Winners will be chosen by a random draw of valid entries on Monday 8th October 2018 ("Draw date").
- Those breaking the rules and regulations governing the ticket application process may have their tickets cancelled.
- Spaces are limited and must be booked in advance of the event. Multiple bookings for additional sessions will result in tickets being void.
The competition is open to all residents in Great Britain aged 18 years or over, except:
- Employees of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies;
- Employees of agents or suppliers of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies, who are professionally connected with the competition or its administration; or
- Members of the immediate families or households of (a) and (b) above.
- In entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the prize. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the competition.
The Promoter will not accept competition entries that are:
- Automatically generated by computer;
- Completed by third parties or in bulk;
- Illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with;
- Photocopies and not originals; or incomplete.
- There is a limit of one entry per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed
- By entering the competition, you agree that any personal information provided by you with the competition entry may be held and used only by the Promoter or its agents and suppliers to administer the competition.
- Grand Central reserves the right to cancel this event and ticket process or to alter or amend it at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control. Should the event be cancelled Grand Central is not liable for any loss of money or expenses incurred, including cost of travel to the venue.
- Tickets may not be transferred, sold, traded, or offered for sale; and may not be used as a prize or for any other promotional or trade purpose by any organisation other than Grand Central. Tickets may be cancelled if offered for sale or as prizes. No cash alternative is available and tickets do not hold any monetary value.
- Grand Central reserves the right to refuse anyone entry to the event at their discretion and any person who fails to comply with instructions from a steward or other person acting on behalf of Grand Central may be asked to leave. In addition anyone found to be causing damage to the venue, the venue infrastructure, causing harm to any other person on site, using threatening, abusive or insulting words or mannerisms, or behaving in an illegal, anti-social or aggressive manner in breach of these conditions will be asked to leave and may be reported to the police.
- Local and national print, online, radio and TV media will be invited to cover Grand Central’s Grand Build and to attend the event. There will also be official photography and filming at the event. Ticket holders give their express consent to the use of their actual or simulated likeness in connection with the production, exhibition, advertising or other use of any film, video, photography and/or audio recording of this event and/or any element thereof in any/all media.
- All persons attending the event MUST when requested upon arriving at The Grand Build complete and sign a Grand Build consent form regarding filming and photography at the event.
- In accordance with restrictions at the venue, no animals will be permitted, other than guide dogs for blind and/or deaf attendees.
- Your legal rights as a consumer are not affected by these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- Following winners' consent to be contacted via email Grand Central will share competition winners email addresses with their PR agency Gardiner Richardson who will contact the winners to arrange their prize. Gardiner Richardson will only use this information to provide winners with the prize and it will not be used for any other purpose.