The Grand Build
Location: The Conservatory at Eureka! The National Children’s Museum. Discovery Road, Halifax HX1 2NE UK
Calling all Master Builders! This October we need your help in our challenge to build a scale model of Grand Central’s newly refurbished Adelante train out of LEGO®.
This is an exclusive, ticket-only event. Competition winners will be notified via their Facebook accounts.
We're inviting children aged between 5 and 13 years old (and their parents or guardians) to come along to Eureka! The National Children’s Museum in Halifax to help BrickThis in his biggest LEGO® challenge yet.
Grand Build sessions will run daily from Tuesday 30th October to Thursday 1st November at 10am and 2pm within Eureka!’s conservatory overlooking Halifax train station for Master Builder ticketholders.
This is a ticket only event, but there are only limited spaces available so make sure you sign up if you want to take part, as booking is essential for adults and children.
You will be given a section of the Grand Central model to build with full instructions and assistance from BrickThis.
PLUS all children who take part will receive a FREE goodie bag from Grand Central!
- Taking part in The Grand Build is available for ticketholders only. Each adult and child must have a valid ticket for their chosen session.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Tickets limited to one session per person.
- See full terms and conditions here
Are there age requirements to enter the event?
- Master Builders must be aged 5 to 13 and must be accompanied by an adult helper.
How much of the model will I get to make?
- Young Master Builders will be allocated a section of the model to build with help from their parent or guardian. Full instructions will be given on the day by BrickThis.
Can I attend more than one session?
- Sorry, but no. We want to make sure as many people as possible have an opportunity to take part in the Big Build. Places are limited, so you will only be able to book one session per person. Additional or duplicate bookings will be cancelled by the event organiser.
How long will each session last?
- We have allocated up to one hour to each build session, depending on the speed of the Master Builder and their helper. Please arrive at the venue promptly for the start of your booked session.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
- Yes. All Master Builders and their parents/guardians must show a valid ticket for their chosen date/time.
What happens if I can no longer attend my booked session?
- Please notify the event organiser and cancel your booking via Eventbrite.
If I attend a session do I get free entry into Eureka!?
- Yes all attendees will get entry to Eureka! The National Children’s Museum.
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
- TRAIN: Eureka! is right next door to Halifax railway station, served by regular trains from Leeds, Bradford, Huddersfield and Manchester. For train times call National Rail Enquires on 08457 48 49 50 or visit, www.nationalrail.co.uk
- BUS: Eureka! is about a 5 minute walk from Halifax Bus Station, which is serviced by regular local bus services. For details call Metroline: 0113 245 7676 or visit, www.wymetro.com
- CAR: Eureka! is in Halifax, which is about halfway between Leeds and Manchester. Leave the M62 at junction 24, follow A629 to Halifax, then follow brown tourist signs to Eureka! For car parking information visit, www.eureka.org.uk/plan-your-visit/car-parking/