Summer Photography Competition
Terms and conditions
- The promoter is: Grand Central Railway Company Limited, Cannon House, 5th Floor, 18 The Priory Queensway, Birmingham, B4 6BS
- The title of the competition is Summer Photography Competition.
- The competition will run from 00.01 on 7 August 2017 (the "Opening date") to 23.59 on 13 August 2017 (the "Closing date") inclusive. All competition entries must be received by the Promoter above by the Closing date. All competition entries received after the Closing date are automatically disqualified. To enter the competition entrants must fulfill the requirements listed above.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the competition.
The Promoter will not accept:
- responsibility for competition entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or
- Proof of posting or transmission as proof of receipt of entry to the competition.
- By submitting a competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- A winner will be chosen by Grand Central staff on August 14 2017.
The competition is open to all residents in Great Britain aged 18 years or over, except:
- employees of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies;
- employees of agents or suppliers of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies, who are professionally connected with the competition or its administration; or
- members of the immediate families or households of (a) and (b) above.
- In entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the prize. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the competition.
The Promoter will not accept competition entries that are:
- automatically generated by computer;
- completed by third parties or in bulk;
- illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with;
- not originals; or
- created by someone other than the entrant or from whom the entrant does not have permission
The competition prize is for 1 winner, the prize consists of:
- Return Grand Central First Class train tickets for 4 people [valid for chosen date of travel to be agreed with Promoter and winner.
- Any other costs incurred in addition to those set out above and that are incidental to the fulfilment of the prize are the responsibility of the winner.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that you and any person travelling with you are available to travel and hold valid passports, any necessary visas and travel documents Prizes are subject to availability. There is no cash alternative for the prize. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of similar value.
- The prize is not negotiable or transferable.
- The winner will be notified by social media before 17.00 on 14 August 2017 and given details of to how to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within 14 days of being notified by the Promoter or rejects their prize, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
- The prize will be sent to the winner by post within 7 days of the winner confirming their details.
- The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- The winner's name and county can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Grand Central Marketing, Cannon House, 5th Floor, 18 The Priory Queensway, Birmingham, B4 6BS.
- The Promoter does not accept any responsibility if you are not able to take up the prize.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- If you are the winner of the competition, you agree that the Promoter may use your name, image and town or county of residence to announce the winner of this competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
- You further agree to participate in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter.
- By entering the competition, you agree that any personal information provided by you with the competition entry may be held and used only by the Promoter or its agents and suppliers to administer the competition.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.