Buy tickets to anywhere in Great Britain
Easter travel information
Throughout the Easter period, we are anticipating a high volume of passengers travelling on our services. This means that our trains will be busy and may be standing room only for customers who have not reserved a seat.
All Advance tickets include a seat reservation. If you have an Off-Peak or Anytime ticket, check your confirmation email or paper tickets for reservations. You can book a seat reservation (subject to availability):
Alternatively, you can speak to our customer relations team on 0345 603 4852 (Mon – Fri 08:00 – 18:00)
Services with extra capacity
To help with the anticipated extra demand, we are increasing the capacity on some services on Thursday 9th & Friday 10th April. The services highlighted below will have 10 carriages:
- 06:43 Sunderland – London Kings Cross
- 11:27 London Kings Cross – Sunderland
- 15:30 Sunderland – London Kings Cross
- 19:27 London Kings Cross – Sunderland
We recommend customers prioritise travelling on the services with extra capacity to obtain a seat reservation (Subject to availability).
Find your seat before you board
Our handy seating plan helps you find your seat quicker. We recommend familiarising yourself with the train layout before you travel.
The Grand Central app can also show you which platform your train will depart from, as well as giving live travel information and updates.
As more customers than ever are travelling by e-ticket, make sure to download yours ahead of time - see our page on e-ticket information here.
- Please remember trains have limited luggage space on-board, so travel light if you can and only brings items that you can carry.
- A maximum of three items per person including two suitcases and a small carry on bag can be brought onboard.
- So that everyone can move around the train safely, please fold prams and pushchairs prior to boarding.
See our helpful chart below for information on which services are currently expected to be busy over the Easter period.