Grand Central First Class lounge Wakefield Kirkgate station now open
A characterful and welcoming Grand Central First Class lounge will be available to customers holding First Class tickets for travel to or from Wakefield Kirkgate station. The lounge is Grand Central’s first station-based facility, and is part of its significant investment in the regeneration of this historic station. The interior design, artwork and furniture were all sourced locally in West Yorkshire. Entry to the lounge is via the Taste Buds coffee shop at the front of the station.
What can I expect in the lounge?
- Seating for at least 24 people, on a mixture of sofa seating, a large shared table, and high stool seating
- Power sockets, USB ports and task lighting located at the high stool seating area
- Free Wi-Fi
- Airy, high-ceilinged, characterful environment with lots of natural light
- 10% discount on most food and drink items purchased at the Taste Buds coffee shop; prepared fresh to order and served at your Lounge seat. The following items are excluded from the 10% discount- homemade cakes, confectionery, crisps and ice creams
Who can use the lounge?
- Any customer holding a First Class ticket or Grand Central bearer pass, valid for a journey to/from Wakefield Kirkgate on the date of their lounge visit
- This includes flexible tickets for travel with other train companies as well as Grand Central only tickets
- This includes holders of First Class complimentary tickets, and authority to travel documents
- This includes customers who have upgraded their ticket to First Class or have already purchased a Weekend First Class upgrade
- There is no option to pay a supplement to use the lounge
Lounge opening hours
- Monday - Friday 07.00-18.00
- Saturday - 07.00-15.00
- Sunday and Bank Holidays - CLOSED
Please note that due to industrial action, Taste Buds café may be closed on Saturdays and as a result there will be no access to the lounge.
Times may vary in line with Taste Buds coffee shop opening hours.