Most customers want to know
- How do I reserve a seat?
- How can I change my ticket?
- How can I apply for a refund or cancel my ticket?
- Can I collect my tickets from any Self Service Ticket Machine?
- When I change the date and time of an Advance ticket, which tickets can I choose?
My enquiry is about
- Tickets and travel information
- Ticket delivery/collection
- Getting a refund
- Change my journey/ticket
- Web assistance
Can I change the delivery method of a booking?
It is not possible to change the delivery address after the booking has been confirmed.
Can I buy a ticket for someone else?
Train tickets (except for Print Your Own tickets) can be used by anyone even though certain tickets will have the name of the traveller or person who booked the tickets printed on them.
When you are making a booking you can request that the tickets are sent to a different address.
If you do purchase tickets for someone else please note that enclosed with the tickets will be the sales receipt. This shows the last four digits of the
credit card as well as the purchase price.
For Self Service Collection please remember that the credit/debit card used to make booking is required along with the Ticket Collection eference provided
when the booking was made.
Can I have my tickets delivered to a different address?
Yes. When you book you will be asked for your billing address (this is the address to which your card is registered and your statements are delivered). You must complete this field. You can then choose to have your tickets delivered to another address.
Please complete the delivery address field making sure you include the correct postcode.Note: You cannot change the delivery address once the booking has been confirmed.
How quickly after making a booking can I collect my Self Service Tickets?
The tickets will be ready for collection at the station 1 hour from purchase. Please remember to take with you the credit/debit card used to make the booking and a note of the Ticket Collection Reference.
Can I collect my tickets from any Self Service Ticket Machine?
You can collect your ticket from any self-service ticket machine that is listed on our website. Not all self-service ticket machines are linked to the national network for collection of pre-purchased tickets. These machines are terminals for buying tickets on the go.
Click here to view the stations that offer Self Service Ticket collection
Please carry the debit/credit card that was used to purchase the ticket along with your ticket Collection Reference.
How do I collect my tickets from a Self Service Ticket Machine?
Jump the queue and pick up your ticket(s) the easy way from one of our network of Self Service Ticket Machines at key mainline stations or selected site locations.
Tickets are ready for collection just 1 hour after ordering. Collection is easy you only need to remember 2 things:
- The credit / debit card was used to make the booking.
- The Ticket Collection Reference given to you when the booking was made.
When at the Self Service Ticket Machine:
- Insert the credit / debit card used to make the booking.
- Key in your unique Ticket Collection Reference. Your ticket(s) will then be dispensed.
- Do not remove tickets from the machine until all tickets have been issued and the main screen informs you that the transaction is complete.
Please note: If you have made a booking on behalf of other travellers the booking confirmation email will be sent to the email address displayed on the delivery details page.
What should I do if I have not received my booking confirmation?
Within 1 hour of making a booking you should receive a confirmation email. If you haven't received this email then please first check that the email address we have stored is correct by logging into My Account and clicking on Update Personal Details.
Recently, there has been a large increase in SPAM/Junk mail which has made some Email Service Providers to put tighter controls on their SPAM filters. We occasionally receive notification that genuine emails we have sent to our customers have been incorrectly blocked in this way.
To ensure that you are able to receive all emails we send, please make sure that our address email@example.com is listed as a safe sender and not in a blocked mail list.
Confirmations are not essential for travel as the same booking information can be found online by logging into My Account and clicking on Check your order status.
What ticket delivery options are available?
You can choose from a number of delivery options, these are:
- Self Service Ticket Machine (No fee) - Will be ready for collection 1 hour after ordering.
- Print Your Own/e-ticket (No fee) - On selected GC only journeys we are now offering you the option to display tickets on your mobile device or print them at home.
- 1st Class Post (No fee) - Tickets ordered before 3pm will be dispatched the same day. To ensure you receive your ticket in time we only offer post as an option where travel is at least 7 days after the booking date. We encourage customers where possible to choose self-service machines as their delivery option.
- Next Day Delivery (£6) - Tickets ordered before 3pm will be delivered by 1pm the next working day. (Monday to Friday excluding Bank holidays). Orders placed on Saturday or Sunday are fulfilled on Monday & delivered on Tuesday.
Where can I find my Ticket Collection Reference?
When you buy Self Service Tickets online you will be given a Ticket Reference which you need when collecting your tickets. This reference is displayed:
- In the booking confirmation email we send you.
- By logging into My Account and clicking on Check your order status.
Note: The credit/debit card used to make the booking is required when collecting the ticket at the station.
How do I know if a railcard discount has been included in the fare?
On our site you can now buy multiple tickets using up to 3 different types of Railcard. Any ticket costs we display are with all Railcard discount already included.
Please note that each passenger with a Railcard discounted ticket must take the Railcard with them when travelling.
Can I pay for a ticket for someone else if I am not travelling?
Yes, but the payment card and the booking reference must be brought along with you to collect tickets from a self-service ticket machine.
What should I do if there is a problem collecting my tickets from a Self Service Ticket Machine?
As part of the agreement to provide Self Service tickets the station is responsible to assist with the collection if a customer is unable to collect their tickets from a machine.
What if no one was in to sign for the special delivery tickets?
We use Royal Mail to provide our next-day delivery service for us. If no one is available to sign for your tickets when they try to deliver, they will leave a card for you with details of the package.
You can contact Royal Mail to arrange a re-delivery, or for the tickets to be delivered to your local Post Office. Please visit the Royal Mail website for more details.
Do I get a receipt for the tickets I purchased?
If you receive your tickets by post, you will receive a receipt with the tickets.
If you are collecting ticket from a fast ticket machine, a receipt will be printed at the same time.
You will receive your booking confirmation with transaction details via email when you buy Print@Home tickets.
Next Day Delivery - What you need to know
Save yourself time and hassle with our Next Day Delivery service:
- Guaranteed ticket delivery by 1pm the next working day*
- All tickets insured for up to £250
- Special rate of only £6 per address.
Just order by 15:00 and we will publish your Special Delivery tracking number in your Order Status within the hour to track the status of your delivery, via Royal Mail's own dedicated Track Trace service atwww.royalmail.com/portal/rm/track
Where in the UK do Royal Mail deliver?
Royal Mail deliver most items the next working day by 1pm on Mondays to Fridays (except public and bank holidays). They sometimes deliver on Saturdays if the item arrives at our local delivery office that day, but we can't guarantee delivery.We deliver by 5.30pm the next working day in the following postcode areas:
- AB30-56 Aberdeen
- IV21-28, 40, 52, 54 Inverness
- KW1-14 Orkney
- PA28-38 Argyll
- PH15, 17-26 Perthshire
- PH31-40 Perthshire
- PH49 Ballachulish
- PH50 Kinlochleven Islands
- HS1 Stornoway (Lewis)
- HS3 Harris
- HS4 Scalpay
- HS5 Leverburgh
- HS6 N Uist
- HS7 Benbecula
- HS8 S Uist
- HS9 Castlebay (Barra
- )IV41-51, 55-56 Skye
- KA27 Arran
- KA28 Cumbrae
- PA41 Gigha
- PA42-49 Islay
- PA60 Jura
- PA77 Tiree
- KW15 Kirkwall Town
- KW16 Stromness Town only
- GY9 Alderney (Channel Islands)
- ZE1 Lerwick (Shetlands)
- HS3 Harris
We deliver within two working days by 5.30pm to the following islands:
- GY1 Herm only (Channel Islands)
- GY9 Sark (Channel Islands)
- HS2 Lewis
- PA61 Colonsay
- PA62-75 Mull
- PA78 Coll
- ZE2-3 Shetlands
We deliver within three working days by 5.30pm to the following islands:
- KW16-17 Orkney
- PH30 Corrour
- PH41 Mallaig
- PH42 Eigg and Kuck
- PH43-44 Rhum and Canna
Which stations offer self-service ticket collection?
You don't need to pick up your tickets from the station you selected when making a booking, you can collect from an enabled machine. When booking your tickets on our website you will be shown a drop-down list of all available self-service ticket machines.