VACANCY: Fleet Commercial Manager
CLOSING DATE: 25th June
JOB DESCRIPTION: Click here
Working with the fleet team the post holder will assist with the management of Grand Central's maintenance contractors and act as the primary point of contact for commercial matters arising from these contracts.
The Fleet Commercial Manager will be responsible for contract negotiations, the production of contract documentation, assessing contractual effectiveness, monitoring spend profiles and developing good working relationships with these suppliers.
- Collating contract documents and proactively gathering and processing relevant data for effective contract management.
- Developing effective working relationships with suppliers.
- Assisting with contract reviews and actively follow issues through until satisfactory resolution.
- Generating reports on various aspects of supplier performance against contractual requirements and feed back into internal systems.
- Monitoring supplier’s performance against SLAs in relevant contracts.
- Production of contract documentation and change controls and ensuring timely signature by authorised personnel.
- Process fleet purchase requisitions, answer invoice queries, monitor against agreed fleet budgets and liaise with the finance team as necessary.
- Contribute towards the work of the fleet team through production or improvement of processes and procedures.
- Supporting the other fleet team members to ensure that Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality compliance is maintained
- Participating in fleet projects as required.
- Attending relevant meetings away from home location as required.
Abilities, skills & knowledge
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a contract/commercial management role (ideally managing engineering contracts).
- Self motivated and able to adapt to changing work priorities.
- Well organised and methodical, prioritising the workload to meet targets.
- Good negotiation and communication skills
- Able to use initiative to persuade contractors to improve service quality and value for money where appropriate.
- Good knowledge of Office based IT systems
- Recognised technical or managerial qualification at HND level or equivalent.