VACANCY: Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
CLOSING DATE: 5th July
JOB DESCRIPTION: Click here
Applications will be considered as soon as they're submitted so you are advised to submit your application as early as possible because the job may close earlier than advertised should we find a suitable candidate.
This role is responsible for leading the planning and delivery of the annual Budget and Mid Term Plan (MTP) process together with quarterly Forecasts as well as the provision of accurate, timely and insightful financial management reporting to the Executive, budget holders, Division and Group.
The role also has responsibility for leading and directing the creation of a total suite of timely management information reports for the business to ensure complete commercial control.
- Lead both the planning and the delivery of the annual Budget and Mid Term Plan (MTP) processes, together with Forecast 1, 2 and 3 and Year End Outlook including ownership of Adaptive Insights, reporting templates and Analytical Review Framework.
- Lead the period-end reporting process within the required timescales, focused on P&L account, management accounts and KPI reporting.
- Design, develop, implement and maintain a meaningful reporting suite to enable all levels of management to fully understand and monitor performance of all elements of the business.
- Liaise with the Executive and senior management, to understand their information requirements and to present and interpret data and analysis produced.
- Drive forward process improvements and work efficiently, effectively and in line with best practice and accounting standards.
- Provide financial analysis and support for projects spanning across the business and, where appropriate, Division and Group.
- Actively contribute to GC’s and Arriva’s success by acting as a Business Partner across the Division enabling sharing of information, best practice, or using knowledge and expertise to support cross Arriva projects.
- Seek and draw down on expertise and experience from colleagues and teams across Arriva to enhance the delivery of GC’s objectives.
- Lead, manage and develop the Finance Business Partner.
- Deputise for Finance and Business Programmes Director as appropriate.
Abilities, skills & knowledge
- A qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, ACMA or equivalent) with post qualification experience.
- Broad business understanding and a proven track record in financial planning, analysis and reporting.
- Commercially focused in order to understand, support & respond to demands from other parts of the business around financial planning and reporting.
- Strong focus on delivery to tight deadlines including coordinating a wide array of stakeholders.
- Practical experience working in a pressurised team environment with the ability to manage a diverse workload and priorities effectively.
- Good interpersonal skills and influencing skills at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to tailor financial communications to the appropriate audience.
- Flexibility in managing varying workload and willingness to get the job done.
- Commitment to personal development and development of direct report
- Sound knowledge of company financial systems and procedures, including Oracle, Adaptive Insights and HFM/TM1/GTC.
- Highly computer literate with advanced Office 365 skills a distinct advantage.
- Broader experience with specific data analysis, presentation and reporting tools.