VACANCY: Finance & Procurement Assistant
CLOSING DATE: 5th July
JOB DESCRIPTION: Click here
Applications will be considered as soon as they're submitted so you are advised to submit your application as early as possible because the job may close earlier than advertised should we find a suitable candidate.
The purpose of the role is to co-ordinate and support the administrative aspects of finance and procurement activity acting as a ‘go to’ resource for the business with day-to-day finance and procurement queries. The post holder will support the Financial Controller with appropriate corporate governance and compliance with regulatory and legislative requirements as well as all aspects of financial accounting and reporting.
- Responsible for Accounts Payable coordination between GC and the Shared Service Centre.
- Manage and control the Accounts Receivable invoicing and aged debtors.
- Support the management of customer compensation payment processing.
- Co-ordinate the set-up of new suppliers, undertaking the necessary checks and obtaining the required information.
- Create Purchase Requisitions for spend within Finance and Business Programmes Director budget.
- Support the Financial Controller in submitting the period end and month end management accounts to DB through HFM and GTC.
- Play a key role in year-end preparation and reporting requirements and supporting the FC in the annual statutory audit and any internal audits, as required.
- Undertake Bank account and Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Support the management of cash, petty cash, expense claims and VAT returns.
- Provide information in respect of ad hoc/periodic data requests from external and internal stakeholders.
- Support the Compliance Champion with reporting requirements and BilMoG compliance.
- Support the reporting and audit regime for on-train ticket and catering sales and support the business with regards to PTIS and EPOS systems.
- AAT (or equivalent) qualified.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Competent Excel user and skilled in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work to tightly defined deadlines, with minimum support.
- Capable of balancing a diverse workload and flexible to react to the business needs.
- Commitment to personal development.
- Experience with Oracle Financials an advantage.
- Previous experience working in an SME highly desirable