Trax the Tiger's kids zone
Hello from Trax the Tiger! He loves travelling on Grand Central trains.
We'd love to know what you think of Grand Central and how we can make your journey more fun. Let us know where you've been travelling and if you've been to visit somewhere interesting. If you're really lucky we might even send you a goody bag of Grand Central giveaways.
Children aged between 5 and 15 will be charged half the adult fare on Grand Central trains. If you have children under the age of 5, travel is free.
Some fun facts
- The world’s largest railway station is Grand Central Station in New York, USA. It has 44 platforms!
- Grand Central’s trains travel as far as the moon and back over 525 times every year
- One of our trains weighs as much as 50 elephants
- Our trains have a top speed of 125mph and it would take a train going this fast over a mile and a half to stop
- In 1985, a high speed train broke the world record for a train carrying passengers when it reached 144mph
- Every week, our trains use around 112,000 litres of fuel. That’s enough to fill up the fuel tanks of 4,000 Minis!